Thursday, July 24, 2014

My day at the Mall

I needed clothes and I went to the mall. I like nice clothes but the art of sorting out stuff and trying them on is not my cup of tea. The last time I went to the mall to try stuff was 2 years ago. Besides. Sometimes I see something I love and when I try it on just to realize that my body is crooked. Yes. I look like Quasimodo in the dressing room's mirror. Then I get sad: it will be hard to dress Quasimodo. That's why I stopped purchasing online clothes. They look fabulous on the models and on me... They look crooked and cheap. When in then hanger they look awesome and with a hefty price tag attached.  Then I have to go to the store to return everything and have to put up with the sales lady glare: so... What's wrong with this? And with that? And with that? And I almost feel like I have to apologize. And if I dare to say that their clothes sizes are weird they'll defend the sizes as the most precise thing in the planet. 

Maybe that's the reason Cache  's sales items are now FINAL so they don't have to put up with clients like me who purchase a lot of stuff. Keep one thing and returns one ton of clothes. But when a beautiful dress goes down from 160 to 20 dlls I cannot resist buying it to at least try it on. 

 I realize now that the clothes are made to satisfy me, not the other way around so all it takes is patience. Yes I tried so much stuff that I was getting tired. 

But when you see the garment on your body the garment changes and you change. If they are not the perfect combination I don't buy it anymore. 

At first in the mall it was frustrating and tiring. But then I got the hang of it and I enjoyed myself with the sorting out and trying on. I ended up with about 5 things. And I must say. They looked awesome. 
I learned that I have to make peace with the fact that not all the clothes are tailored for all kinds of bodies. That I am not Quasimodo and that at first it's tiring but in the end it becomes a fun experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment